So when did I grow up and have to be responsible? I have to admit that sometimes my children are more mature than I am. Today I was so tired after church, I really wanted a nap. In fact I have been looking forward to this nap for about a month. Today was the primary program, and it's done! Yippee! They all did so good, and I'm so thankful. I feel like a major chunk of brain power will be freed up now. Maybe, just maybe, I'll get some of those projects done that I was planning on doing this fall after the kiddos went back to school. I had big plans, but the Lord had plans for me too. It's been so good for me to be primary president, but really, sometimes, well most of the time, I just don't feel like I'm old enough. I will have all 3 of my kiddos in primary in January, so I'm really waiting to feel old.
Okay, that was all a side note, but that is the reason I really wanted a nap. I decided that I would bend our Sunday rules and put on a movie, and the kids would be entertained for at least an hour and a half. I put the movie on thinking my darling children would hear it and come running, and then I went and fell on my bed. I heard footsteps running up the stairs to the TV and thought, "Oh, this is going to be so good." I rolled over and got comfy just in time for Josh to come running into my room. "Mom, why did you put on Emperor's New Groove? It's Sunday." I replied, "I know Josh, but I really want a nap." Josh decided that the material I had chosen was inappropriate, so he helped the girls choose scripture videos, and I got a good 2 hours with only about 5 interuptions. Pretty much heaven. Don't I have great kids?
Here are some great pics we got awhile ago at the pumpkin patch- Another time I was irresponsible. I took my kids out of school for a fun day at the Oil Ranch. They questioned me about this too. "Mom, I have two tests." I told them it was okay, and that it was important to have fun with their Mom sometimes. So here's to feeling young and having fun even though I have bags under my eyes and sags in places i won't mention. :)
12 comments:
You're a very entertaining blogger! Congrats on a successful primary program and also on getting a long awaited nap! Your kiddos have an awesome mom...I would have LOVED to be taken out of school to go play when I was younger. How fun is that!
Thank you for all of your hard. The program was so wonderful; I think I had tears brimming the entire time. There is such a sweet spirit about children and everyone did a great job.
Jana, you deserve a good nap and Emperor's New Grove happens to be one of my favorite movies! Next time just drop the kiddos off over here and Mike will throw them on the bean bag. (They love that) I love the picture of Lindsay and all the pumpkins!
You are such a good mom. I love that you took the kids out of school for some fun. I'm doing that the next time something fun comes around. Sometimes when Chris gets home late on Monday I skip right over FHE and my kids won't let me forget it. It makes me feel pretty guilty.
You are such a good mom. I love that you took the kids out of school for some fun. I'm doing that the next time something fun comes around. Sometimes when Chris gets home late on Monday I skip right over FHE and my kids won't let me forget it. It makes me feel pretty guilty.
I am so glad you are blogging again (sort of). I heard you were made primary president. I would say congratulations, but I always feel awkward when people congratulate me on a new calling. Like you were running for office or something.
Anyway, I am sure you are doing a wonderful job. I always felt the spirit when I was around you. You just have such a calm and happy outlook.
Shameless flattery aside, I'm sorry that I didn't ever catch up with you last summer. We had a pretty crazy six weeks at our house and we are now living in Oregon. I think I've got your email; I'll send a Christmas newsletter some time soon. Or a New Year's letter. :)
Jana Banana! I am so happy you have a blog!!! BUT why did I not know this until NOW?!!!!!! I can't wait to have our lives "intertwined" again through the blog world! Love ya!
BTW- remember "Cuz Crew?" I just found our box of stuff in one of my keepsake boxes and had to explain it to the kids. Secret's out! It only took what, like 15 years?
Make sure you check out my blog. I update it weekly or more!
Ahhhhh! I'm so excited I found this!
ok I see we're already linked on your blog... You're about to be linked on mine!
oh, wait, you have our link wrong. You're missing the "s"
www.mikenamhorspoolfam.blogspot.com
BAck in October (when you last wrote), I remember the program going really well! Hopefully that big chunk of your brain is loaded with lots more wise information you can pass on to mine. I was needing that type of nap just yesterday! I'm amazed that somehow i really got through my day!
sometimes i feel like i'm 12 too, but you really need to post again! it's been forever, but i'll still be checking back often:)
I hope you're compiling baby pictures to share. I've been checking back every couple hours. I can't wait to see my new niece! It's making me distracted...any excuse to put off cleaning the rest of my kitchen will do, though, but I really can't wait!
Post a Comment