Tuesday, September 09, 2008

What I've been working on for the last year

So this is one of the many reasons I haven't blogged for a year (okay so it probably only counts for 9 months, but still it's a good excuse)



Welcome Brooke Alyse Humpherys! We couldn't be happier that you've made it here safe and sound. Brooke was born on Sept. 6, 2008 at 9:52 a.m. She weighed 8 lbs. 3 oz. and was 20 in.

I was induced Sat. morning and labor went faster than expected. Brooke was ready to come, and so was her mother so ready to have her come. For some reason my babies just need a little pitocin to prepare them for their entrance into the world. I got my epidural, and before I was even numb, she was here! It was a wonderful day, and once again I am amazed at how our Heavenly Father sends his precious children. Can you believe that all of Brooke fit inside me?Clint took this picture after we got home from our first trip to the hospital on Sunday Aug. 31. This was my original due date, my mom's birthday, and the day I really wanted to have a baby. I was having contractions all day Saturday, and when I got up Sunday morning they were 5 minutes apart and getting stronger. I was so excited to think that maybe I could actually go into labor on my own that I called and arranged for the kids to go to church with friends. Clint and I got to the hospital and they took me to triage where they measured my contractions, which were 4 to 5 minutes apart, but they were not strong enough. I was 3 cm. but it looked like I could be in labor for awhile longer, so the nurse told me to go walk and come back later that night. So we went to church which is a place that for some reason always gives me contractions even when I'm not pregnant! I figured walking the halls at church and taking care of primary stuff was as good a place to keep the contractions coming, and I was right. All day long I had them. By 9 p.m. I was exhausted and discouraged that the contractions weren't getting stronger, so I went to bed.


Well this routine continued through the week. My mom got here on Tues. night so that was a wonderful distraction. We did projects on Wed, Thurs, and Fri to distract me. My doctor had put me on standby to be induced on Thurs, which led to Friday. The hospital was just too packed to take me. My dr. called me Friday afternoon after another day of not fitting in at the hospital to tell me that he had scheduled me for Sat. morning at 5:30. I was soooo excited! I wonder how much longer my body would have kept her in before it could do it on it's own. Brooke could have probably grown some teeth! Really, I am just so thankful she is here, and that everything went well. Her brother and sisters are also very excited! They can't get enough of holding her. Here are some more pics of our day at the hospital. Doesn't this make our family look huge!? I can't believe we have 4 kiddos! Life is great. I just might have to actually start acting mature and motherly. Naaah. Thanks for all your love and support and prayers and phone calls!

29 comments:

Marianne007 said...

Thanks,that was just what I was hoping for. She is so cute. She reminds me of Lindsay...little mischeivious pixie face. Thanks for sharing all the cute pics! I can't believe how good you look for just giving birth! You are such a woman! And I don't think you need to worry about being more motherly when she's going to have 3 mothers looking after her. Love you Jana!

Carlie said...

Yippee! I am so excited. She is absolutely adorable Jana! Tell Kayla her hair is super cute too. Love ya!

Court and Jill said...

I had no idea you were even pregnant!! You looked adorable in that first pregnancy picture and Brooke is so precious! Congratulations!!!!!

Steph said...

Allie says, "Another girl!" We love girls and when they are as cute as yours, you have to keep having them (I love Kayla's haircut too!). I checked your blog this morning hoping there would be something. =) I'm glad there was tonight! So cute and you are so cute pregnant. You are just dang cute. And being a mom of 4 does make you feel old, but it's so fun to have helpers that it's the best! Good luck and have fun with your mom . . . I told my mom you'd be doing projects all week with her while you waited. You are amazing!

Stephenie said...

Love the blog and the pictures. Your kiddos look so cute holding your new baby. Brook is such a sweet baby! She looks just like Lindsay. It's great to have her here.

Ginger said...

Congrats!!!!!! What a cutie pie!!! I was so excited to see you had updated your blog with pictures already!

Allie said...

I was so excited to see your post about Brooke already! She is so adorable and sweet, and I love how she is a tiny version of Lindsay! You look amazing Jana! Who looks that good in the hospital! I am so glad Clint took a last minute belly shot of you b/c I was admiring how cute you are pregnant the whole time and he totally caotured that in that picture! Please call me if you need anything at all!

Quite Content said...

Jana... Congratulations!!!! I was out of town last week and was so excited to see that you had your baby!!!! What a beautiful little girl you have there. I am so happy that she is here safe and sound. Congratulations and maybe I could stop by and see you and your newest little one this week. I want to give you plenty of time to get some much needed and deserved rest.
Love,
Erika

Sarah Livingston said...

Thank Goodness! I am so happy that everything went so well finally! I can't wait to get to know you as a non pregnant friend! Ha!

teasha said...

jana, i didn't even know you were pregnant. congratulations. now that i know your blog address i'll peek in on you and see what's going on in texas. get some sleep!!!

Jenn's Mommy Days said...

Jana Congratulations!!!! She is so cute! Girls are so fun! Glad i found your blog. Jenn

Stacey said...

Jana Darling-
You have such adorable children! Brooke is so sweet and cute. I'm glad you decided to keep her :) I love Kayla's haircut- she looks so cute. Family of 6 sounds huge! That's crazy. Love ya sis!

Stacey said...

Jana Darling-
You have such adorable children! Brooke is so sweet and cute. I'm glad you decided to keep her :) I love Kayla's haircut- she looks so cute. Family of 6 sounds huge! That's crazy. Love ya sis!

Kristin said...

I just knew you'd come back to blogging. :) And so fast too, after sweet little Brooke. What cute family pics.

Sunnie said...

so glad to have a new post! and brooke is too cute! i love love love that name. we considered using it for mya. that pic with all of you in the hospital bed makes the family seem so big! i can't wait to see her in person!

Slim said...

Yeah, Jana! So glad you posted. What cute pics of sweet Brooke and your huge family! :) You were such a trooper and just so everyone knows how tough you are, Jana was swimming laps in the neighborhood pool on Labor Day...between contractions. AND she was still smiling. You are amazing!!!

April said...

What a doll she is! Glad to see the post and the cute pictures of your adorable family! Enjoy that sweet baby and the feeling of not being pregnant anymore, yeah!!! Let me know if I can help at all!

Amber Horspool said...

yay! you posted! it's crazy what a year will do. Your kids look so different! brooke is a
adorable! CONGRATS! so glad everything went well. (wish i looked that cute after giving birth!) love ya!

btw, did i tell you our link on your blog is spelled wrong?

Jenny Lou said...

Congrats Jana! I found your blog through Marianne. I think Brooke is a beautiful excuse for not blogging. :) She is so pretty, and what a cute name. We almost used Brooke too.(actually Brooklyn, but close enough.) Your kids are so cute. It's fun to see how you are doing after not seeing you for several years.

Anonymous said...

Congrats and I hope you get some power back soon!

Gramps H

Karen McGrew Skousen said...

Jana!!!
Congrats! What a beautiful family! I wouldn't expect any thing less from such a good kid! :) Your kids have grown sooooo much since that last we saw you guys. When was that anyway?!!! While you were on hiatus, I enterd into the blogging world. Sent you an invite to my blog today. Enjoy!
Love,
Karen

Science Teacher Mommy said...

I quit checking in here about two months ago; I was glad to see your name with a new post on Slim's blog. I'm so glad I checked in. What a gorgeous family.

1tiredmama said...

Congrats! I still check your blog frequently and have wondered where you have been. Now I know!! She is beautiful!

Jared and Jennie Faurschou said...

Jana congrats on Brooke she is so beautiful. I love the Pictures, what a cute family you have.

Nichol Family said...

Wow!!! I am lovin' to see your blog and of course very impressed. I am more impressed to see how many loved ones have responed. If that doesn't show how wonderful of a friend Jana is I don't know what would. Love ya!

ShaRee said...

Congrats Cuz! I will have to show all my family your cute family pics. We all missed seeing you at the reunion since it's been soooo long! Take care! Love, ShaRee

Jeremy & Shelly said...

What a cutie! I love her name! Love you lots!
(Shelly)

Mills Family said...

Jana & Clint,

Your daughter is gorgeous. Congratulations on the new addition to your family. Also I'm so glad that you were all ok during the hurricane. Not fun to have to go through labor, have a baby and then have Hurricane Ike all in a week's time.

Again congratulations.

Stacey Fam said...

Jana,

You're a dear! You and your cute family! It's wonderful to see the pics and enjoy! Did they keep you in as Primary Pres?

Love, Courtney