
Clint dressed up with me!! I was so excited. I realize that Halloween is still over a week away, but we had our ward Halloween party on Saturday night. The kids were so excited to get all dressed up, and so was I, cause I basically on their level most of the time. I didn't tell Clint what his costume was until the day of, and he did it! I couldn't quit smiling all night, it made me so happy.
Two cute little primary kids guessed who I was- one thought I was a lamanite and one thought I was a nephite. Aren't they great?
And now for our cute kiddos. When I asked the kids what they wanted to be this year, I got some great answers. Josh and Kayla had several ideas they chose from, but Lindsay's first answer never wavered. She said, "I want to be a mom and take care of my baby." So that's who she was. She told a lot of people that answer. She even picked out most of her costume. She loved to wear my makeup. She's definitely a very hip mom!

Kayla first wanted to be a ballerina or a butterfly, but she finally decided she wanted to be a cat. This was great since she has been so deathly afraid of any animals most of her life. It was a break through- she now likes cats. All day Saturday she was meowing. She said, "Mom guess what I'm saying in cat, 'meow, meow, me-ow, meow,
meeeow.'" This was a really fun game that she didn't get tired of.

And as for Josh, he is growing up. He insisted that he wanted to be scary this year. No more cuteness. It was hard for me because I really like cute. I told him we would have to compromise- maybe a skeleton or a mummy. Not too
scary. So I got the stuff to make him into a skeleton, but I was thinking a little too ambitiously for the time I had this week. I talked him into looking for a skeleton costume at the store, but we didn't have any luck. We had all of the stuff for the soldier costume at home, and I suggested that costume while we were at the store Saturday afternoon, with 3 hours until the party. Luckily he thought that would be great, but he needed a gun of course to make his costume complete (remember he's thinking scary). So we started looking for a gun. We found a package of military gear with a grenade and knife, and I thanked my lucky stars he thought that was scary enough. We were both happy with the outcome- he thought he was scary and I thought he was cute. I love halloween!

5 comments:
You guys looked great! My kids are funny they just want to be the same thing every year. Not very creative, but it sure makes it easy.
Everybody's costume was very cute, and way to go for dressing up, I never can get creative enough to dress up, but I figure for me this year, being pregnant again is scary enough that I don't have to dress up.
Clint gets the trooper husband award (and he was even smiling). The kids look so good. So you never said which one you were, the Nephite or Lamanite?
Way to go Clint! I'm happy for you that he dressed up. Loving the mom taking care of her baby idea. How cute is that!
Lindsay kinda reminds me of Aunt Jamima or whoever the pancake lady is. I love her costume the most. Of course the Lamanites are a close second. How hilarious!
Post a Comment