So I think maybe we've lived in Houston a little too long. My darling Texan children are calling this a mountain. You know, they have been to a real mountain. We have hiked in the mountains and breathed the fresh mountain air. They have partaken of the beauty that real mountains exhibit. And they are calling this a mountain. It is breaking their mountain-loving mother's heart. They ask to go to their mountain every time we have soccer practice. They want to explore and climb and dig, and this is what Houston has to offer- a pile of dirt at the YMCA
.

Now this is more like it. Don't you think?

5 comments:
You tell your kids Aunt Carlie says they need to come up north a little more often so they can remember the "real mountains." Oh, and tell them I love them too!
Hey!! Got your link off other blogs from the old stompin' grounds! Good to see you came back to the blogging world! Congrats on the new calling...or should I say--good luck?! :o) We might see you back in Texas next summer...we'll be comin' home! Yea!
I miss the mountains too! I am so excited you are back. I have faithly checked your blog knowing that one day I would find a new post! I was so excited today! Plus you added pictures and made it all cute! Welcome back!!
I also miss the Canyons. Our family would head up into the canyons on a regular basis. It was always so much cooler there and you can’t beat the scenery.
Well, real mountain living would be great for Aubrey's dream home which happens to be an RV.
I miss the mountains too. But hey, kids make do with what they have. :)
Post a Comment