Mother's Day was a great day for me and I never took the time to write about it. I woke up early to finish getting sharing time ready, and the morning went surprisingly well. My children told me happy Mother's Day and told me they were going to be so good to me all day. They are at such a fun age. We made it out the door to church with shoes on everyone and no one screaming- a definitely successful Sunday morning. Church was nice and they gave us chocolate this year instead of a plant that I always kill. So I ate my chocolate on the way home while wearing the crown Josh made for me. We had a great lunch of PB&J and then the kids pulled out the gifts that they had been hiding from me all week.Kayla made a flower pot with fake flowers in it at school. She had told me not to look in her closet behind the toy basket because that is where the surprise was that had flowers in it, but she wasn't telling me anything else! Josh had also painted a flower pot and school and they had planted a real flower in it, so when he brought it home on Thursday he told me not to open the bag, but I needed to water the flower. :) Josh and Kayla also made me some wonderful cards. Lindsay gave me a dustbuster to clean up after her and her big messes! I loved that. And then Clint informed the kids that I was going to have a nap. It was all I wanted for Mother's Day. I was so beat that I was giddy to have a nap. I grinned the whole way to my pillow and slept for over 2 hours.
After the nap, I played games with Josh and Kayla and talked to my wonderful Mom on the phone while Clint made us a delicious meal. We feasted on hamburger helper, garlic toast and green beans. Very impressive- 3 things! While we were eating I thanked Clint for making dinner and Kayla said, "This is so good Dad, thanks for making it for me." So Clint made dinner and everyone not only ate it, but liked it. If only I could make them happy so easily!
After dinner we went for a walk together and played "mother may I" in the driveway. I love my family! We are all a little crazy, but I love it that way.
One more hillarious tidbit about Mother's Day. Josh had a homework assignment earlier in the week to make me a card or poem for Mother's Day. I told him the assignment and he got a cute little grin on his face. He said, "I've got it!" and ran into the other room to do it in secret. I forgot about what he was doing and a while later he handed me a paper while trying to suppress his giggles. It said, "I Love you so I kese your Tose Your my Rose. Mom." I laughed along with him. He thought he was so clever and so do I. Although I'm glad he doesn't really kiss my toes!
p.s. Notice my purple polish in the picture, courtesy of my kiddos.
1 comment:
You are such a cute mom, jammamma. On my mother's day, as I was the one making dinner for my family and Lanny's mom, dad, and sister, Luke thought it would be a nice mother's day surprise to put a rubber band around the sprayer on the sink, so when I turned on the water I got sprayed in the stomach. I told him that April Fool's and Mother's Day are not the same thing. This was the second time I had to change my clothes on his account that day. Earlier I had been trying to get him to take his medicine without mixing it with juice because we were out of juice and I didn't have time to make any before church. He spit it all over me. Happy Mother's Day to me, huh? But I still love them all.
Post a Comment