Saturday, May 06, 2006
the critter in my pantry
Tonight I got to go on a date with my husband! It was overdue, but always a pleasure when we can actually make it happen. We went to dinner and then grabbed a few groceries on the way home. Nothing glamorous, but completely enjoyable to spend time together. And to top of the evening, when we got home the babysitter had cleaned up and the kids were in bed asleep. So I was in a great mood as we sat in the kitchen opening mail and chatting. All of a sudden I heard a strange sound in the pantry. I looked at Clint and said, "What in the world was that?" I thought it sounded a little like a sneeze, but then I thought it must be something falling on a plastic bag or something. Clint thought it was a strange sound too, but we kept talking. Then we heard another suspicious sound and I said, "There's something alive in there." I had really convinced myself that there was a critter in my house, and I was about to step up on a chair and prepare myself for any hysterics that might overtake me when Clint went into the pantry. And then I hear, "Look what I found." It was Josh! He had been hiding behind the door, and it was a sneeze that we had heard. I was glad the little critter was my little boy and not a furry rodent. We had a good laugh because that was really tricky to pull off, especially for a kid that usually can't help giggling. So then he said he just needed me to tuck him in and listen to his prayers. I'm glad I'm needed, but sometimes it takes a little time out for me to appreciate being needed and for me to be ready to face my cute little critters.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment