So here are some fun memories of our growing up years together:
- When you were born I would count how many kisses I gave one so that I made sure I gave the other the same amount. I was worried that I would accidentally give one of you special treatment. I loved to hold you and take care of you. I think I'm 6 or 7 years older than you. So I'm sure that I wasn't a lot of help, but I sure felt grown up when I got to hold you. Am I right Michelle? You are the one that has to tell me how old I am.
- "Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire" never had better choreography put to it as it did for your elementary talent show. I was honored to make up a gymnastics routine/dance complete with Little Tykes slide moves for you. Not that I had any clue what I was doing, but I thought it was so much fun.
- Ah, the days of "buddy partners." I don't know how we came up with this term, but we used it all the time. Annie and I would have one of you for our buddy partner to do chores with us and play with. I think we also used this system for coming up with parts for our programs for Dad and Mom. Buddy partners were paired for different songs or circus acts. I think I usually was buddy partners with Stace, but I think we switched on and off too.
- Annie and I would dress you up and do your hair and then have Mom watch you parade around and do your "fashion show." How many outfits did we make you change into? I think we had an evening gown, play clothes and career woman category.
- I pulled out your loose teeth even though I was a huge wimp at getting my own teeth pulled. My kids appreciate that I came experienced, so thank you for letting me train on you.
- When I was a senior in high school and should have been more responsible, do you remember our muddy bike ride? We rode through all the mud puddles and came home a mess. Mom was not so happy with me, and now I understand why, but it was so liberating then. We also had spitting contests that day. Clint tried to teach us all how to spit. I've never been good at that.
- I loved it when you came and stayed with me and Annie in Provo and lived the college life with us for a weekend. I remember putting mascara on you and getting dressed up and going out to dinner and a movie. Good girl times.
- After I got married and moved away, it was great when you and your friends came for a trip to Virginia. Josh was just a little baby, and it was great to reconnect. It was fun to hear your high school giggles and stories and music. It was a great trip where we got to tour all over D.C., with the highlight of "Aaron's Space Museum" and Busch Gardens.
There are many more good times, but I will save them for another trip down memory lane. Happy Birthday to two wonderful women that I'm so happy to call my sisters and greatest friends. I look up to both of you and love our conversations about the joys and challenges of motherhood, marriage, callings, and life. You are both so much fun, and I love to spend time with you even though we don't get to very often. Happy Birthday!
7 comments:
I WASN'T THE ONLY ONE WHO INITIALLY THOUGHT "AARON SPACE MUSEUM?" I love your sisters. Who IS Aaron, anyway?
I can't think of a better present than to see a post from my dear sister. Ahhh, what good memories. You are such a fantastic sister. I loved the times you and Annie dressed us up. I felt so becoming with my huge puffy bangs that you two had perfected so well. And you were so awesome to take me and my friends into your home and take us touring all over D.C. You are the best! I couldn't ask for two better older sisters. Love ya Jana!
What fun memories! The teeth pulling made me laugh! And I still can't spit!
I finally got to read it! Thanks so much Jana-banana. Now I am sitting here crying and laughing. Yes, crying. I think I'm partly laughing at myself for crying. We'll blame that one on the pregnancy hormones. I love all those memories, and I'll add the summer following high school graduation when I got to come live with you. I'm sure Clint is fond of that time too.:o) If nothing else, he gets a good laugh at the replayed memory of me tipping CLEAR over on a bike. Love ya, Jana!!!
So much fun! Yeah, Michelle was usually my buddy partner, but occasionally we switched off. I didn't know you counted kisses! I wonder if I did that too? I am a little OCD that way sometimes. I was just recounting to Cole, while noticing grassy fields on the way home from preschool last week, our bunny rabbit game. I think Stacey and Michelle were maybe a little young for that one, but Clint and us big girls had such good times with that! Thanks for the fun post!
Jana! I just came across your blog and had to post and say hi! I loved being able to come with Michelle and Stacey to DC that summer to visit you...you were the best tour guide ever and I remember thinking you were so brave for being able to drive in that traffic! I hope everything is going well! I miss seeing all of my favorite Day girls!!! Love, Michele Hillman (Rowell)
UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT
Post a Comment