It was given to us upon marriage by Clint's pa and ma.
We'll miss your maroon fading paint on the hood,
And the rear spoiler that made us feel sporty and good.
Without AC, we affectionately called you "the hot car"
We'd sweat as we drove a short way or far
We'll never forget you, the crazed windows, the drama-
It's because of you that I'm sometimes called "lead foot mama"
So good luck driving your new owner around,
A better car than you is not likely to be found.

Okay so I think we actually did find it- I don't have a picture right now, but we are loving the hot car's replacement. Clint's new Toyota Tundra is so much fun. We are having a great time enjoying "Dad's truck." We're enjoying all the perks of having a truck. We went camping last weekend and threw all our gear and our bikes in the back. Last night we went to a drive in movie and watched it from the back all cozy. And of course there are all the wood projects that Clint has been postponing until he had a truck to get the supplies. And of course, we now feel like true Texans with a truck parked in the driveway (only because we can't fit it in the garage).
5 comments:
i'm jealous of the fun new truck! i know jake probably is too. i can't believe you survived without ac in texas. my car has ac issues and i die in the summer. poor jake has to hear me complain so much! you are a better woman than me!
Having s truck is great! I don't know how we ever lived without out!
I love that you wrote a farwell tribute. I felt a little emotional reading it and I never even had an experience with the "hot car".
Who bought your hot car? Do they want ours? :) Chad would love a truck, but we have to replace our van before we replace our little red hot car.
Jamama! I can't believe I've never checked out your blog! I've wondered several times what you are up to. I'm going to become a regular here. But you haven't posted forever . . .
Post a Comment