Saturday, June 17, 2006

My handy husband



My manly, tool-bearing man just made bunk beds! Okay, not just, he's been in the process of making bunk beds for 6 months, but he's done! And they are great. The kids are so excited. We were going to put one bed in Josh's room and one bed in Kayla's and Lindsay's room for now, but they were too excited to have them stacked, so now we have 3 kids in one room. Bedtime just got even more exhausting. I didn't think that was possible, but at least they are excited to go to bed. We're hoping that lasts a couple more days.

Kayla really wants to sleep in the top bunk, but for now we are only letting Josh. Kayla is a wild sleeper. The deal is she has to stay in her bed for a whole night before she can sleep in the top bunk. She might be 10 before that happens. We always find her in the funniest sleeping positions. Here are a couple places we've found her asleep.



















She always starts out in her bed, but she never ends up there. It's usually the floor, so last night being her first night in a new bed, we weren't surprised that she wasn't in her bed this morning, but I did start to panic when I couldn't find her. First I looked in to the side of the bed and all over her room, including the closet then I searched the whole upstairs. No Kayla. I was getting nervous. I thought maybe she had climbed to the top bunk with Josh so I went back to her room, but she wasn't on the top bunk. That was when I thought to look under the bed. Sure enough, she was right in the middle of the bed underneath it, in a perfectly straight line. She's a nut! I didn't get a picture this morning, but these give you a pretty good idea, that this is not a rare occurance.

Clint is now outside cleaning the garage because he's determined to park both cars in it after six months of only having space for one because of all the wood and tools. This is not the Texas way of doing things we realize, but I'll save that subject for another blog.

5 comments:

Diana Mancuso said...

Oh my gosh! Those sleeping positions are hilarious! How on earth could they possibly be comfortable?

Impressive bunk bed, by the way.

scraphappymama said...

Okay, so I drove by one night when you guys were staining the wood. Let's just say, "WOW! I am impressed."

And I just loved those pics of Kayla. Too funny!!

1tiredmama said...

I love the bunk beds. A new bed for Ethan is Eric's next project. He'll have to call Clint for tips. Kayla is the cutest with her sleeping!

4guysandme said...

hey even some of us Texans do park 2 cars in the garage! Is there any other way? Oh wait, my parents' car has never seen the likes of the inside of any garage. *sigh*

Emma Jo said...

I remember the first time I walked in the room and my daughter wasn't in her bed. I panicked and had a weird moment where I actually considered the idea that she had been abducted by aliens--I thought, the door was closed, the window was closed, what else could have happened? Then I found her under the bed. Phew, aliens would have been hard to explain to my husband.