Friday, April 28, 2006
Life according to a chicken farmer
So the other day I was working in the yard, you know, weeding, watering, planting and getting dirty. It was very hot and humid out, and I was wearing old grubby clothes. Let's just say I wasn't ready for a night out on the town in my denim overall shorts, a tshirt and sweat. Kayla got home from preschool while I was out working and her first comment to me was, "Mom, you look like a chicken farmer." I can understand the farmer comment because of the overalls, but why a chicken farmer? Was it the smell? I still don't know why she came up with chicken, but I think she knew it would really make an impact on me. No girl in the world wants her mom to look like a chicken farmer. So I've been trying to clean up my appearance. I even decided it was time to get rid of the chicken farmer overalls. On the other hand, maybe it was a compliment. Kayla loves chicken so much she calls every kind of meat, including hamburger, chicken. And she loves scrambled eggs. So I'll hope she thinks that is the best kind of farmer you can be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment